Monday, February 6, 2012

Taco Bake

My wonderful cousin Laura pinned this Taco Bake recipe from Pinterest and then tweeted about how yummy it was. 

I am always looking for new recipes to make – especially if they are made with ingredients that I have on-hand and look like they will be easy.  I am definitely not a gourmet cook and something covered in Doritos??  How could it not be delicious??  So I did what any hungry blogger would do and cyber stalked her boards on Pinterest and repinned the recipe to my board for easy access!!
The original recipe came from Two Maids a Milking’s Blog {isn’t that a cute name for a blog?}
Ingredients:
1 lb. hamburger
1 pkg. taco seasoning
8 oz. sour cream
1 pkg. crescent rolls (8)
1 can tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes (optional)
1 c. shredded cheese
Doritos chips


Brown the ground beef and drain.  Add the taco seasoning, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes - stir together and simmer (if you don't use the diced tomatoes add a little bit of water).

In a 9x13 dish, lay the crescent rolls out and press them flat in the bottom of the dish to form a crust.   Layer the hamburger mixture, sour cream and then the shredded cheese in the dish.  Crush up about 3/4 bag of Doritos and spread them over top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

I doubled the recipe and then made a few modifications.  I did not use the diced tomatoes and I served the sour cream and cut up avocado as toppings (I think black olives and salsa would also make great additional toppings).  I would also wait to put the Doritos on the top until there were only about 15 minutes left on the timer.

This recipe is so delicious – you have no idea.  I mean I am seriously craving this right now just from writing about it and looking at the pictures.
Do you think my family would disown me if I served this every night for dinner?




Linking up here:

Chef In Training - Tuesday Talent Show

2 comments:

  1. That looks super delicious! I love Doritos :)

    Stopping by from Talent Show Tues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by Sarah! Doritos are a favorite in our house, in fact, I just bought 2 bags and had to hide 1 so that I am able to make this for dinner again this week!

      Delete