Have you missed me? My real life has been interfering with my bloggy life!! Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) real life pays the bills so I need to always be sure I do what I need to do to keep bringing home some bacon!!!
Busy days with long hours mean that I get home late and don’t really want to cook dinner. I usually opt to make things that are quick and easy. This meal is one example but I did take a little extra time to experiment with a cornbread recipe that I found over at Six Sisters Stuff to see how we liked it.
Ingredients:
Zatarain’s Family Size Red Beans and Rice
Eckrich Skinless Smoked Sausage
Directions: Prepare the Red Beans and Rice according to the package directions. Slice the sausage into bite size pieces and add to the red beans and rice mixture. Cook as directed.
The cornbread recipe that I used can be found HERE. It made a lot of cornbread – I mean A LOT!! I took the extra to work the next day. It was really good but not as crumbly as normal cornbread usually is (which was exactly what the girls at Six Sisters were looking for when they came across the recipe at Our Best Bites).
I like to crumble the cornbread up in the bottom of my bowl and put the red beans and rice on top. The cornbread sucks up the liquid and makes a spicy sweet combination of yumminess! I think that the next time I make it I will make the cornbread just like I normally would and use Our Best Bites Recipe when I want the cornbread as a side dish. It would be great to take to a pot luck and I am going to be honest – I think it makes a great dessert too… Maybe because I like bread… Most any kind and most any way… And when you add some butter? And maybe jelly? *Sigh* Yum…
Anyway - I didn't get a very good picture of the final product - I apologize - my camera is really bad but trust me - this is a quick, easy, filling, meal that you will really like!!Have a wonderful weekend!



I love cornbread too! Unfortunately Micah doesn't like it much, so when I do make it I'm eating it for days.....just a little bit of honey on it, and I'm in love!
ReplyDelete