Thursday, August 9, 2012

Copy Cat Closet: Button up in the Summer

So I missed last weeks challenge - ear infections, delayed flights, and mega stress all played a part.  Things seem to be a bit calmer so I thought I would try to figure out this challenge and share what I came up with!

The girls at Ma Nouvelle Mode told us to shop our closet to find a button-up shirt.  If we didn't have one - we were told to check out our Hubby's side of the closet and "borrow" it.

Here is Natalia's look:

And Christie's look:


So I picked one of my hubby's dress shirts - I love the blue and there is a white pinstripe thru it - I don't think you can see it in the pictures though.  I had to add the belt because it is so large.  I paired it with leggings and some fun slip-on shoes. 

Unfortunately it was 108 degrees outside so I was quite warm!  We decided to take the pics in the house - which helped some but our a/c can't keep the temp down inside either!  On the plus side at least you get a change of background!!


I thought "popping" the collar would help it look not so formal.  (Maybe someday I will be able to quit looking so awkward in my pictures!!)

The hair part of the challenge was "off our neck" and get outside our comfort zone.  I normally do not show my forehead - I have an oval face which without bangs tends to look overally long.  I decided to do a twist kind of thing (does that even make sense) with my bangs and pull it back into a high messy ponytail.  I like the ponytail - not so much the bangs (or lack of)!  Maybe if I had teased them or something?


And did you see my shoes?  I love them!!  They have sequins all over them and are the only animal type print that I own.  I may or may not have planned a whole outfit around them last week just so I could wear them!!


I kind of felt like Rizzo in the movie Grease in this outfit!  Go Pink Ladies!!  If I had a scarf I could have put it around my neck or tied my ponytail with it!!

This was fun - I need to modify the look slightly (maybe find a shirt that fits better) and I will be able to wear this to work in the fall.

So..... How Do I Look?? (I totally felt like Jeannie Mai right there!)

I will be linking up at The Grant Life for her Copy Cat Closet series.

the Grant life

Have a great week!!

4 comments:

  1. You look adorable! I love that you got creative with your hubby's shirt! Seriously, way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo cute Kelley! I love the whole outfit! And the shoessss! Swwooon!

    Glad your feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! You look great Kelley! Those shoes are awesome. I want sparkly shoes...I'm thinking the sequined sperry loafers or maybe sparkly toms.

    ReplyDelete