Thursday, July 26, 2012

Closet Copy Cat: Summer Boots

Hey Everyone!! 

This weeks challenge for Closet Copy Cat from the girls at Ma Nouvelle Mode is "Summer Boots".  When I received the e-mail, I started picturing what I had in my closet and what I could pull together to make my outfit work.

Obviously these were not going to work:



I remembered though that I had a great pair of cowboy boots - I would just have to find them.  Our temperature has been over 100 degrees for the last few weeks and I know for a fact that I haven't put them on since it was cold - around here that was probably February!!  My feet like to breathe *smile*!

These pics of Natalia and Christie were my inspiration this week - don't they both look fabulous?  I know I never looked that good when I was pregnant!!

Natalia

Christie
And this is what I pulled together: 

 dress - Old Navy / belt - J.C. Penney / boots - Old Navy (last season)
The other part of the challenge for this look was braids...  I didn't get all crazy with it, but did manage one dignified (ha) little braid:


Challenge complete!

Anyway, this was another fun way of looking into my closet and seeing it differently.   I probably won't wear this dress with the boots again because I feel like they make my legs look short (yep - there are those body issues surfacing again!) and I like the way the dress looks with a wedge heel.  I love when others wear their boots with dresses, it is just not a look that I feel works for me - at least not in the summer.

I am really having fun with this and am so glad that Kelley from The Grant Life came up with the idea!  If you want to get in on the fun go here to subscribe and be sure to link up on Thursdays over at The Grant Life!

Have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. Oh I just love your look! The dress is my favorite. And as much as I understand body issues, I think you look great. They work together and I think it is so fun that you got to see your closet differently! Thanks so much for linking up, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is super cute! Glad I found your through copycat closet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously well done! super cute look on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I died laughing when I saw the picture of your snow boots!!! Bahahahaha!!!!! And girl we DO have the same hair!!! Love it!!!! PS: I LOVE this outfit and that dress is fabulous with a capital F!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great Kelley! I squealed when I saw your pictures.. so so cute! I dont think the boots make your legs look short.. you look amazing! I am so excited to see what you come up with each week!

    ReplyDelete