Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Lil Journal Project

I follow the greatest blog - Lil Blue Boo - written by Ashley Hackshaw.  I am not sure how I stumbled upon her little corner of the internet but I am so glad that I did.  She is hilarious, inspirational and all around amazing.  She always makes me want to be better.  If you visit her, definitely read her Cancer Chronicles series you will understand why I say she is amazing! 

Anyway, she decided to start a new series called the Lil Journal Project where she is encouraging each of us to start a journal and helping us out by giving us daily prompts to get us going.  I was excited to do this!  I used to keep a journal after I got divorced but have not written in one in years.  I thought this would be a wonderful opportunity to get back into it.

So yesterday was our first day and we were prompted to write the following with our non-dominant hand and then sketch a picture of the pencil we used to write it.

this is my journal,
there are no rules.
it's imperfect
and perfect.
all at the same time.

I panicked for a minute.  I wanted the first page of my journal to be pretty!!  If I wrote with my left hand - it was definitely not going to be looking nice...  After I thought about it for awhile though I realized how brilliant of a challenge it actually was.  By starting out with a not so pretty page, I would be free-er (is that a word?) to do whatever I wanted.  There would be no more expectations of greatness and this actually allowed me to just be me - in all my imperfectness.

So this is my first page:



So why am I blogging about this you may ask?  Because it is Day 2 and we were prompted to sketch out a floorplan of the first classroom that we remember.  I thought about it for awhile and was having a very hard time remembering anything like that but since it is my journal I figured I could write down some memories and maybe that would jog a memory of the classroom.  I went searching for my pencil (the one that I drew in the pic above - I'm not an artist - don't judge!)  It was the only pencil in the house...  And I found it...  In the hallway...  With the top chewed off...


See?  Proof!!! 

Dear Ashley, I couldn't do my homework because my dog ate my pencil.  Truly!

And how can I be mad at this face?


So I will catch back up tomorrow!!  Are you interested in joining in?  Check out the Lil Journal Project at Lil Blue Boo!!

Have a great night!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelley! I'm also following Ashley's Lil Journal Project and loved seeing your pages. I haven't posted mine yet but I will. Meanwhile I am your newest follower and I'd love for you to come over to see some of my journals and follow me back! Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to write a book as well....maybe someday? I love your lab...we have a black one. Thanks for coming by and visiting me. cherry

    ReplyDelete