So I shared this over at Hating Martha a couple weeks ago and thought I would post it here for all of you.
Do you have a recipe that is your Go-To recipe? One that is super easy to make and people seem to love? I do! It is my mom’s recipe for Pistachio Cake. I made it one time because it was easy and had no idea at that time what I was getting myself in for. It was a HIT!! In fact, now if I decide to bring something else to a get together, my friends are seriously disappointed.
Do you have a recipe that is your Go-To recipe? One that is super easy to make and people seem to love? I do! It is my mom’s recipe for Pistachio Cake. I made it one time because it was easy and had no idea at that time what I was getting myself in for. It was a HIT!! In fact, now if I decide to bring something else to a get together, my friends are seriously disappointed.
Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix
3 boxes instant pistachio pudding
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil (I used canola oil)
1 cup warm water
Directions: Mix together all ingredients and pour into a Bundt cake pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes (you will know it is done if you insert a spaghetti noodle in and it comes out clean – a toothpick is too short!!)
Let cool for 5 minutes and then flip the pan over on top of a plate. Gravity should let it drop down cleanly onto your plate. If it does not drop in a few minutes, I suggest turning it back over and run a knife around the edge between the cake and the pan to loosen it up.
It should look like this when you are done. It does not need frosting – it is yummy as is, but if you want to make it a little prettier, sprinkle powdered sugar on the top.
This cake is so moist – don’t let the green color stop you from having a piece - I promise – you will love it! (My camera sucks - I know it doesn't look green in the picture).
I have plans to make a variation of this cake sometime this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed because I think it is going to be STUPENDOUS!! (Or an epic fail)... I will be sure to take pictures and let you know how it goes!
Be Blessed!
I have plans to make a variation of this cake sometime this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed because I think it is going to be STUPENDOUS!! (Or an epic fail)... I will be sure to take pictures and let you know how it goes!
Be Blessed!
Kelley


Mmmm! That looks great! Happy early birthday Kelley!
ReplyDelete