Do you ever go blog hopping and forget where you started and how you got to where you ended up and when you look at the clock you realize you have no idea where the last 3 hours went??? Hmmmm – happens to me quite frequently!!
Well, about six weeks ago I somehow happened upon a website about World Book Night. I was intrigued!! I LOVE to read so I had to check it out to see what was going on.
The website stated that, “World Book Night is an annual celebration designed to spread a love of reading and books. To be held in the U.S. as well as the U.K. and Ireland on April 23, 2012. It will see tens of thousands of people go out into their communities to spread the joy and love of reading by giving out free World Book Night paperbacks.”
The website said that they are looking for people that love to read to volunteer to pass out 20 free books at a location in their community. The website goes on to say that the goal is, “to give books to new readers, to encourage reading, to share your passion for a great book.”
Sounded great to me so I signed up!! They had a list of books to choose from – I believe you had to choose three books. I chose:
![]() |
| Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins |
![]() |
| The Stand by Stephen King |
![]() |
| The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold |
I chose books that I have read so that I would be able to tell anyone I passed them out to how great the story was. You also had to tell them why you want to volunteer to do this and if you are chosen, where you plan to pass the books out. (I chose the local university where I live).
What is great is that they are still looking for people to volunteer – you need to sign up by going here by February 1, 2012. It is not guaranteed that you will be chosen, they will let you know. My fingers are crossed that I get to be a part of this!I know, I am such a geek - I just want everyone to love reading as much as I do!!!
Be Blessed!
Kelley





I hope you get picked! What a great program.
ReplyDelete